Have you invested lots of time and money on your website? But you’re not still getting organic traffic and you don’t know what is preventing my site to rank in search engine.
For this, an SEO audit of your website is required. That’s what you’re going to explore in this guide.
What is a Website SEO Audit?
SEO audit is the technique of finding issues that are affecting the ranking of the site and fixing them to hold top positions in search engine. It is a health check of the site that will give you deep insights into your website to improve the overall performance in SERP.
SEO audit reveals the various issues such as content-related issues, design & structure issue, on & off-page issues, link building issues and technical issues. The SEO audit report gives a blueprint of steps that you have to take to resolve SEO issues.
Why is SEO Audit Essential for Websites?
A health check of a website is necessary and it should be done at regular intervals to meet search engine requirements. The benefits of an SEO audit are
- To hold Top positions in SERP – Do you want to reach more organic visibility? Yes! For this, you’ve to increase the SEO score of your website and to make this happen, SEO audit is essential.
- Search engine loves websites which loads faster because it gives better user experience. SEO audit finds speed related issues on your site and helps to fix them.
- It reviews your competitor’s website based on SEO to find what you can do to reach more audience.
- It identifies on-page; off-page and technical issues on your site to improve the performance and SEO score of a site and which directly leads to generate more revenue.
What Factors to Focus on Audit?
To get fruitful results you need focus on some major factors which directly impact SEO ranking of a site. Following are the main factors to focus on during SEO auditing.
Design & Speed Audit
To know the usability and accessibility of your website consider performing a design and speed audit. Speed audit will tell you the page load time, which elements are taking time to load and many more speed issues of a website. Many websites take lots of time to load which leads to low traffic. Both Google and user don’t give preference to low-speed websites. Speed audit helps to find out the factors that are taking time to load and improve these factors to reach more audience.
Next is the Design audit and it helps to know what difficulties your potential audience is facing due to the website interface, organization and structure. It’s a great idea to make the website more attractive but keep in mind, design should be user and device friendly.
Content Audit is the process of evaluating the whole content of a website based on KPIs (Key performance indicators). It gives you the following content insights of your website
- Best performing content
- Most engaging pieces of content on site
- Which content is increasing bounce rate?
- Identify duplicate content
- Tells you what content is to generate next time
- Which content is getting more lead conversion?
- What type of content your audience like whether text, images, videos or info graphics?
After performing a content audit you will be able to decide which content to keep, update and delete.
On-page Elements Audit
The on-page elements include the page title, meta description, alt tag, heading & subheadings, content structure & length, keyword density, media elements like images & video, internal linking and URL. On-page SEO audit evaluates all these elements and tells you how to perfectly optimize on-page elements to improve search engine rankings.
Optimize on-page elements with a keyword for which you want to rank in SERP. On-page, optimization will help search engines to better understand your content.
The On-page SEO audit analyses the factors such as
- Do your posts have a clickable and eye-catching title tag?
- Is Meta description is SEO optimized and encouraging the clicks or not?
- Do all the heading and subheadings are well-optimized?
- Are your articles linking to another piece of content within your website?
- Do images have alt tag?
Technical Elements Audit
The next important check is the technical wellness of your website. It includes the elements such as redirection, broken links, robot.txt, canonical tags, sitemap, duplication, crawls errors, indexation, domain issues, device optimization, security issue and URL Structure.
If your site is facing issue of broken links, content duplication, crawling and any other technical issue then it will drop your ranking in search engine. To avoid this situation always keep your eye on the technical elements of a site.
The technical audit will give you a complete analysis of your website to fix critical technical issues.
Link building is another important factor that influences the ranking of a website. Link analysis evaluates all links that are pointing back to your website. Quality backlinks increase the page authority (PA) and domain authority (DA) of your site and you can rank for high competition keywords. On the other hand, low-quality backlinks puts a negative impact and increase the spam score of a site.
So, while making links to another websites link analysis is an important factor that ensures the quality of links on your site.
Tools Useful for SEO Audit
We have discussed different factors to focus on while performing an SEO audit. Are you excited to know how to perform an SEO audit of a site?
Luckily, you don’t need to manually check all these factors. To automate this process various useful SEO audit tools are available in the market. Here is the list of the top 5 SEO audit tools.
- Semrush (Premium version only but provides 7-day free trial)
- Moz (Free and Pro version)
- Woorank (Premium only but provides a 14-day free trial)
- SEO Site Checkup (Premium only + 14-day free trial)
- Screaming Frog (Free and Paid version)
If you’re getting no organic traffic or even facing downtime in traffic then you should perform an SEO audit of your website. The search engine requirements are frequently gets changed. To meet the requirements of search engine always keep your eye on search engine optimization (SEO). Moreover, with an SEO audit, you can also check health, security, content & design issues and fix these issues to provide a better user experience.
You must have heard a lot about Local SEO, one of the most critical aspects of digital marketing. However, we think it is right that, before shaking our heads and subscribing to popular opinion, we need to have a brief idea of What local SEO is and its relevance in today’s world. And how it affects businesses.
This article breaks down this information for you, giving you a clear idea of why local SEO is so effective in online marketing and how it can help you grow your business.
What is Local SEO
Local SEO works to increase the visibility of your business in location-based searches. It is a variation of your traditional SEO and is to ensure that your business is found online by the people visiting that place.
These include searches with specific geographies such as city, state, postcode, near me keywords where Google selects a person’s geolocation and provides search results for that area.
Why Local SEO is Essential for Business
- 72% of people who conduct a local search will visit a store within 8 Km.
- Local Searches are more than 46% in Google
- 900% growth has been recorded for “Near me, Nearby, Tonight, Today etc” keywords in 2 years
- 78% of local mobile searches result in sales either in-store or online.
- 56% of users search in online and offline to find their product/service.
- 76% of users searching in local results mostly visit store in less than 24 hours
- Position 1 of local search rankings get 24.46% CTR (Click Through Rate)
#1: Brand Visibility
Local SEO results are ranked above normal organic results for most queries. This helps in brand visibility in search results. Apart from this our brand will also be visible on Google Maps. Thus gaining higher brand recognition.
#2: Growth Website Traffic
As Local results are shown higher than organic results this helps in generating higher traffic to your website. As per reports the 1st position in local results and results in 24.4% CTR.
#3: Growth in Calls & Leads
Most of the users search and engaging with local results will be interested to directly contact the business owners. This lead to higher calls and conversions for your business.
#4: Growth in In-Store Visits
Most of the users prefer to visit the store which is under 8 KM. This help us to target nearby users and increase store visit. It also improves the directions to your customers in Google Maps.
#5: Growth using Google Ads Express
Business owners with own stores can advertise in Google Ads Express. This will help in generating quality results in low budget. Go to Google Ads Express to start your campaign.
We hope that you get answers to all your questions with this blog if still, you have questions regarding Local SEO then feel free to ask in the comments sections. We also offer Local SEO Services to help you grown your business.